Is there a tune
more happy
than a daughter’s windchime laugh?
A silence
more crushing
than her rolling tear?
Is there a breeze
more cooling
than a son’s slumbered sigh?
A thought
more awesome
than the question that he asks?
And is there a truer joy
when I am the clown?
Shame when I
Accuse
and rage?
Peace when I pull up
the sheet?
Pride when I strike
the flint? I
made these kids
and I make these kids.
And they
make me.
Activity B:
Behaviour
Swans feed
in the water
and on land.
They are
almost
entirely herbivorous, although
small numbers of aquatic animals
may be eaten.
In the water
food is
obtained
by up-ending or dabbling,
and their diet is
composed of the roots,
tubers,
stems
and leaves
of aquatic
and submerged plants.
Activity 3:
Am I not good enough? Why can't I be a favorite for once? I try my hardest each and every freaking day. And yet, no matter what I do, it's never good enough. I'm always second place, no matter what. And I hate it! I don't care if I sound like a brat! Like this'll get read anyway. It's not good, it's not worth reading. It's a teenager spouting and whining and being a stupid bitch. There, I swore now. Does that show that I have balls now? Does that I show that I actually care? No. It doesn't. I don't need to do that to show that I'm determined. Though, apprently, I have to. I didn't swear in my past poems. I didn't have to. I didn't see why I had to. It didn't need them! It didn't fit with the poem! I'm the poet, I get to decided what shit goes where! There, I swore again. Does this make this better? Is it so wrong that I want someone to be proud of me? Someone to say that I did something right? Is that so fucking wrong? No! Of course it's not! Now I feel like I'm going to cry. God, I'm such an idiot. All I do is bitch to myself. I need to suck it up, and get better. Then someone will recognize me someday. Then someday I'll be good enough. I'll be someone's favorite. Someone will say that my work was worth it. That'll it'll be read. That someone will give a shit about it. 'Cause god knows no one does right now. I'm just a kid who can't write worth a shit. Like I'll actually reach my dreams. Dreams are bullshit. At least mine are. That's for sure.
(Freeverse)
All I do is
bitch
to myself.
I need to suck it up,
and get better.
Then someone will recognize me
someday.
Then someday
I'll be good enough.
I'll be someone's favorite.
Someone will say that my work
was worth it.
That'll it'll be read.
That someone will give
a shit
about it.
'Cause god knows
no one does right now.
I'm just a kid
who can't write
worth a shit.
Like I'll actually reach my
dreams.
Dreams
are bullshit.
At least
mine are.
That's for sure.
(Freeverse bit in poetic form)
(Freeverse)
All I do is
bitch
to myself.
I need to suck it up,
and get better.
Then someone will recognize me
someday.
Then someday
I'll be good enough.
I'll be someone's favorite.
Someone will say that my work
was worth it.
That'll it'll be read.
That someone will give
a shit
about it.
'Cause god knows
no one does right now.
I'm just a kid
who can't write
worth a shit.
Like I'll actually reach my
dreams.
Dreams
are bullshit.
At least
mine are.
That's for sure.
(Freeverse bit in poetic form)
No comments:
Post a Comment